POSITION: TRANSLATION PROJECT COORDINATOR (HOME-BASED)
LWT Communications is currently looking for a professional and dynamic translation project coordinator to join our team of translators, proofreaders, and project managers. This position is a full-time permanent role but will be home-based. The candidate will need high-speed, continuous Internet access is required to connect to LWT Communications’ translation management platform (Plunet BusinessManager).
The project coordinator acts as the intermediary between the translators and the client and thus exceptional native-level writing and editing skills in English are required. Some knowledge of French is also required, but the candidate does not need to be fluent in that language.
You will be asked to provide 2-3 references and a background check will be performed by a pre-employment screening company to ensure the accuracy of the information that you provided.
Please include a brief cover letter and resume. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. LWT does not sponsor visas.
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary range: C$40,000 – 55,000, based on experience and qualifications
Under the supervision of the Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for providing quotes to clients, planning translation projects, assigning adequate translation resources to perform the requested work, coordinating work between translators and reviewers, monitoring project progress, answering all questions from translators and/or clients in a timely manner, ensuring optimal quality of the work, and guaranteeing timely delivery of translation to the client.
This position covers the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Coordinating translation projects, including preparing quotes, setting deadlines, assigning work to translators and/or reviewers, and communicating with clients and internal/external translators and revisers.
- Creating, maintaining, and developing client/product-specific term bases, glossaries, and translation memories, and updating client-specific style guides
- Working closely with the Senior Project Manager and other team members to ensure quality and timely delivery of translations to the client
- Assisting clients and/or internal/external resources by answering answers and solving issues related to the translation project in a timely manner
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Experience in project coordination is a plus but not a requirement. New graduates are welcome to apply. Experience in project coordination is a plus but not a requirement. Training will be provided.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize time-sensitive tasks under pressure
- Exceptional native-level writing and editing skills in English
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, orally and in writing, with all project stakeholders involved in the translation process
- Ability to work in teams as well as independently under minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Fast learner, willing to use and become proficient with new technologies and tools
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Visio
- Experience with CAT tools, preferably memoQ.
NOTE: If you do not currently work with memoQ, you will receive adequate training to access the server-based memoQ environment and work exclusively with this application.
- Fluency in another language, preferably French, is a plus
- Experience with Plunet translation management system is a plus
- Experience with desktop publishing and layout software is a plus (PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign)